Gluten and dairy free toad in the hole recipe. A heart warming gluten free dish, easy to make, which everyone will be eager to try.
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
For the Batter
- 100g Isabel’s Yorkshire pudding mix - prepare as directed on the packaging
- 2-3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pack of best quality sausages
- 200g of cooked left over potatoes sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- A pinch of fresh herbs such as thime would be great, but optional.
- A heavy bottom non-stick frying pan or 32cm baking tray.
1. Prepare the Yorkshire pudding mix batter as directed on the packaging and set aside.
2. Place a heavy based frying pan over medium heat and cook your favourite pork sausage. When the sausages are brown remove them from the pan and add the cooked sliced potatoes and fried them until slightly crispy on all sides. Then add the onions and fry them until soft.
3. Add the sausage to the potatoes and onion mixture and if desired add a few frozen peas too. Then pour the Yorkshire pudding batter all over the sausages, potatoes and onions and place the pan in a pre-heated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
4. Remove from the oven and serve with lashes of freshly made gravy.