Gluten Free Stuffed Crepes
The more you make this recipe, the better and quicker you’ll be producing these lovely crepes. Once you tasty them you’ll never go back to ready-made ones. Perfect for lunch boxes and light, fulfilling meals.
Prep. Time: 10 mins. approx.
Cooking Time: 20 mins. approx.
- 1 Pack of Isabel’s Crepe mix
- 1 Tbsp veg oil or melted butter
- 320ml of milk or milk substitute
- 2 large free range eggs
- 500g of lean minced beef
- 1 Medium onion chopped
- 2 Medium garlic glove crushes
- 2 De-seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato purée
- A handful of chopped parsley and the green tops of springs onions.
- A pinch of Oregano
- Place the Crepe mix onto a large bowl and make a well in the middle. Add the lightly whisked eggs, oil or melted butter and a little of the milk, whisk vigorously with a balloon whisk to make a lump free batter.
- Then slowly add in the rest of the milk mixing well to form a thin batter.
- Lightly grease and preheat a heavy-based non-stick frying pan. Pour in a ladleful of batter and tilt the pan to cover the base with a thin layer.
- Cook over a medium heat for 1 minute or until the bottom of the crepe becomes golden brown. Turn over with a palette knife or a spatula and cook the other side for a further 1 minute. Place the pancake in a cooling rack and repeat the process with the remaining batter, greasing the pan again if necessary.
- Sauté the mince beef until all separated, then ad the ingredients, firstly the onion and garlic and so on. re-fry until cooked, then set aside to cool ready to fill the pancakes.
- Once you have filled the pancakes place them on a non stick baking tray, ad a some tomato sauce on top, sprinkle grated cheese and oregano then place the tray in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve with salad.