Gluten Free Burgers
Did you know, that adding a small amount of Cassava flour to your burger meat is a very good idea? The Cassava flour acts as a binder, helping to improve the texture, locks the moisture content in the burger and also acts as a fat replacer. You’ll have a more succulent and tastier burger. Serve your tasty homemade burger with your favourite toppings.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5-6 minutes
For the patties
- 500g good quality beef mince (5-10% fat)
- 2 levelled Tbsp Cassava flour
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs or finely chopped garlic (optional but nice)
- 4 slices mature Cheddar (optional)
- 4 Gluten free bread rolls
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
To assemble the burger:
- Use all or just some of the following ingredients: sliced tomato, sliced onions, lettuce leaves, mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish sauce, rocket or watercress.
- Place in a bowl, the beef mince, the diced onion, herbs or garlic, salt, pepper, flour and mix until well combined. Divide the mixture into four and with your hands lightly wet, shape into patties.
- Cook the burgers on a preheated frying pan, barbecue or griddle for 5-6 minutes on each side. While the second side is cooking, lay a slice of cheese on top to melt slightly (if using).
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the cut-sides of the buns. Spread with mayo, then start stacking with the lettuce, burgers, tomato and onion slices. Serve with a dollop of mayo or horseradish and ketchup, if you like.