Strawberry Jam Thumbprint Cookies
Great recipe for beginners, simple and fun cookies that are ideal to make with kids. Deliciously melt in the mouth. A great cookie dough, perfect for making any shape of cookies, or to have them plain.
Prep: 20 minutes
Baking: 12-15 minutes
- 200g of Isabel’s Cassava flour
- 120g cornflour (if you can’t use cornflour, substitute with arrowroot)
- 200g butter, slightly salted (if you'll be using unsalted butter, then add ½ tsp salt to the recipe)
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of a small lemon (optional but nice)
- 1 tsp baking powder (note: for a short cookie dough (less fluffy) use only ½ tsp of baking powder)
- Strawberry Jam or your favourite jam
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan 160°C/gas mark 4). Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking parchment.
- In a bowl measure the Cassava flour, cornflour and baking powder, mix well and set aside until required.
- Beat together the softened butter, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest until pale and fluffy.
- Add in the beaten eggs and mix until combined before adding the flours and baking powder blend. Mix together until a soft dough is formed.
- Roll the dough into small balls (approx. 2cm diameter) and place onto the baking trays, leaving a gap for the biscuits to spread in the oven. Gently press the centre of each biscuit with your thumb to create a hollow in the centre.
- Add jam the centre of each biscuit until the hollow is filled.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until very lightly coloured. Leave to cool in the baking tray before moving to a wire rack.