Gluten Free Chargrilled Chicken & Avocado Wraps
You can make amazing gluten free dishes like tacos, burritos, quesadillas or enchiladas with this wrap. Wraps are a thin flatbread which can be eaten hot or cold.
Cooking Time: Approx. 2 minutes each wrap
- 1 x Heavy gauge frying pan or a cast iron tortilla pan
- 1 x Rolling pin
- Parchment and cling film
Ingredients for the Wraps
- 150g of Isabel’s Cassava Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 ½ tsp Psyllium Husk
- 1 ½ tsp Milled Sunflower Seeds
- 1 ½ tsp Milled Linseed
- 3 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 135g Water
- Extra Cassava Flour for Dusting
- 400g chicken fillets
- 1 avocado
- 200g black beans
- Handful rocket
- Handful Coriander
- 2 Limes
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- 50g Sour Cream
- Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl sieve together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another separate bowl, mix the psyllium husk, seeds, oil and water.
- Add the wet mix to the flour and bring together to form a firm dough.
- Divide the dough equally into 4, form into ball shapes.
- Place some cling film on the work surface, dust with plenty of flour roll. Place a ball of dough on the cling film sprinkle with flour cover with another piece of cling film. Using a rolling pin roll each ball out as thin as possible.
- Place each rolled circle of dough onto a well-floured surface so as not to stick.
- Heat your frying pan, carefully place a circle of dough and dry fry on one side for around a minute, flip over and cook the wrap again.
- When fully cooked place the wrap on a plate and cover with a clean tea towel. Repeat until all the wraps are lightly coloured and cooked through. Serve immediately.