Gluten Free Quesadillas
Mexican food is ideal for sharing and it can be quite nutritious and colourful. These gluten free quesadillas are so tasty, mixing and matching with a variety of cheesy fillings, including vegetarian and vegan. They are fun and quick to make, just the perfect lunches and gatherings.
You’ll need: A heavy based frying pan
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2-3 minutes each side
For the dough
- 300g Isabel’s pizza base mix
- 50g of parmesan cheese or mix seeds if you prefer
- 1 large free range egg lightly whisked
- 200g milk or soya milk
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Prepare the dough as direct on the packaging, but adding the extra parmesan cheese or mix seeds if you prefer.
Divide the dough and roll each piece into 10cm diameter. You could use a plate as a guide to cut a perfect circle. Roll the dough as thin as possible about 2mm. Use the rolling pin to roll the dough around it and lift into the hot heavy based frying pan.
- Cook the dough for about a minute on each side. Remember you don’t want to over cook the dough at this stage, because you will still need to add your filling onto the wraps, fold it in half and return it to the pan for another 2 minutes each side to melt the cheese and crisp up the wrap on both sides. Cut the wrap in half and serve with guacamole, sour cream, chopped lettuce, tomato salsa and limes quartered to decorate
Chicken strips, beef strips, refried beans, grated cheddar, tomato salsa, feta cheese, ham, vegetarian Bolognese, tofu, spinach, coriander, jalapeño chillies, mushroons.