Baked Gluten Free Tortilla Chips
Baked tortillas are easier to make as well as being healthier than the deep fried version. Simply use Isabel's Pizza Base mix and a little sunflower oil.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 10-15 minutes
For the dough
- 300g Isabel’s pizza base mix
- 50g of mix seeds
- 1 large free range egg lightly whisked
- 200g milk or soya milk
- 3 Tbsp sunflower v oil ( extra for brushing)
- 1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (180C fan)/ 400F/ Gas 6 and line 2-3 baking trays (cookie sheets) with baking paper.
- Prepare the dough as direct on the packaging, but adding the extra mix seeds.
Divide the dough and roll each piece into 20cm diameter. Roll the dough at about 2mm.
- Using a shape knife cut the dough into 6-8 triangles, like a pizza. Brush the triangles on each side with the sunflower oil and spread out on the prepared baking trays, making sure they don’t get on top of each other.
- Sprinkle the paprika (if using), them bake in the oven, one tray at a time, for 5-10 minutes or until slightly golden and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with salt and allow to cool before serving.
Salsa, guacamole, sour cream, or Edamame hummus