Wrap this! Savoury pancakes
If you have a strict gluten and wheat free life style you’ll be happy to know that there is a lot more to pancakes than just one Tuesday a year. Make a meal of your pancakes by setting out bowls of your favourite fillings, veggies, herbs and spices and getting everyone to wrap and roll.
Prep. Time: 10 mins. approx.
Cooking Time: 20 mins. approx.
Basic crepe batter
- 1 Pack of Isabel’s Crepe or Pancake mix
- 320g Cow's or soya milk
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter
- Place the Crepe/Pancake mix into a large bowl and make a well in the middle. Add the eggs, oil and a little of the milk, whisk vigorously with a balloon whisk to make a lump free batter. Then slowly add in the rest of the milk mixing well to form a thin batter.
- Lightly grease and preheat a heavy-based non-stick frying pan. Pour in a ladleful of batter and tilt the pan to cover the base with a thin layer. Cook over a medium heat for 1 minute or until the bottom of the pancake becomes golden brown. Turn over with a palette knife or a spatula and cook the other side for a further 1 minute.
- Place the pancake in a cooling rack and repeat the process with the remaining batter, greasing the pan again if necessary. Serve wrapped around your favourite savoury or sweet filling.