Gluten Free Cauliflower fritters
Cauliflower fritters are one of the tastiest nibbles. Just using simple ingredients, this dish comes together in minutes and perfect paired up with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt.
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 pack of Isabel’s Batter Mix
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp harissa
- ½ tsp chipotle paste (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Gluten free beer or sparkling water
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Place the cauliflower into boiling salted water and cook for 5-7 minutes or until just tender. Try not to overcook it, slightly under cooked is great, because you want the fritters to have a bit of a bite.
- Place the flour, parmesan, harissa and black pepper in a bowl and mix well. Make a well in the centre and mix in the gluten free beers or sparkling water slowly until you have smooth batter thick enough to coat the florets, but not too thick, then add the chipotle paste, if using and mix again.
- Heat the oil in a deep-sided pan. The oil will be at the correct temperature when you drop in a small bit of batter and it bubbles up instantly.
- Coat the cauliflower florets thoroughly in the batter and drop them gently into the fryer. Fry the fritters until golden brown, then remove from the oil and place over some paper towels.
- Serve as a starter or just as tasty nibble with dollops of seasoned yoghurt, sour cream or garlic mayo.